So, you know those times when you really need a cookie. These Small Batch Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies are made for those times. Crazy fast to whip together and no chill time means you can go from needing a cookie to eating a cookie in about 30 minutes flat. Did I mention these are naturally sweetened, gluten free, and made without any butter or oil?? I honestly shouldn’t even bring that up, because trust me – these are real deal cookies.
Make these cookies
The main ingredient in these cookies is nut butter. I used cashew butter, but feel free to sub in almond or peanut butter. Whichever one you choose, just make sure to choose a natural one, where the ingredients are just nuts and salt.
Combine the cashew butter with coconut sugar and an egg. When that mixture is well-combined, add the vanilla, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir in the oats and shredded coconut, then finally the chocolate chunks. Scoop onto a baking sheet, and bake for 10 – 12 minutes. That’s all she wrote! No need to chill the dough!
Use naturally sweetened chocolate to make these completely free of refined sugar. I made my own with cocoa powder, raw honey, and cocoa butter – (recipe coming soon!). Or, simply chop up your favorite dark chocolate bar. If you’re not feeling chocolatey today, add in something else – like craisins or nuts. Or just bake them up without any add-ins. I promise they will be delicious 🙂
Small Batch Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew butter can sub almond or peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch baking soda
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablepoons rolled oats (gluten free if desired)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks (naturally sweetened if possible)
- Preheat your oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the cashew butter, egg, and coconut sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Switch to a large spoon or spatula and mix in vanilla, cinnamon, and baking soda. Add the oats and shredded coconut and stir until the dough is well combined. Finally, stir in most of the chocolate chunks - save some for sprinkling on top of the dough mounds.
- Scoop the dough and place a couple inches apart on your prepared baking sheet. I use a medium sized cookie scoop and get 9 cookies. Top each cookie with a couple chocolate chunks and a sprinkle of coarse sea salt. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Enjoy 🙂
Did you make this recipe? Share a photo and tag #halfwaywholeblog on Instagram
Let’s be friends 🙂
Follow Halfway Whole on social media.