This simple and fresh salsa is perfect for topping fajitas and tacos, or to eat with tortilla chips and guacamole. Whichever way you choose, you’ll love this fresh, garlicky salsa.
Anyone else still getting fresh corn from their CSA?? Make fresh corn salsa to enjoy as a dip or add to fajitas and tacos this week.
Gather your ingredients
You’ll need corn, tomatoes, jalapeño, red and green onion, garlic, lime, coriander, salt, and pepper.
Fill a saucepan with water and par-boil the ear of corn for (2) minutes. Remove from water and let drain and cool.
Finely dice one (1) jalapeño that’s been seeded and de-ribbed. Add to a small glass mixing bowl, along with 1 or two small cloves grated garlic, the juice of half a lime and the coriander, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Add the diced tomatoes and red onion.
Slice the corn kernels off the cob. Break up and add to the rest of the ingredients. Mix well, and taste – add additional salt or pepper, if needed. Top with chopped green onions and enjoy on everything.
Fresh Corn Salsa
- 1 ear fresh corn about 1 cup - can sub canned or frozen
- 2 tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic grated
- 1/2 fresh lime juiced
- 1/8 tsp coriander
- 1/8 tsp sea salt plus more to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp green onion chopped
Prep fresh corn
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a low boil. Add salt and one (1) ear of fresh corn and cook for two minutes. Remove and let cool while you prep the other ingredients.
- Remove the seeds and ribs from one (1) jalapeno and dice finely. Add the jalapeno to a small glass mixing bowl, along with 1 or 2 small cloves of grated fresh garlic. Add the sea salt, black pepper, coriander, and fresh lime juice. Mix together. Add two (2) diced and seeded fresh tomatoes, 1/4 cup diced red onion, and corn. (Make sure the corn has cooled down.)Stir well, then top with chopped green onions.Serve on tacos, fajitas, nachos, or burrito bowls.
Did you make this recipe? Share a photo and tag #halfwaywholeblog on Instagram
Let’s be friends 🙂
Follow Halfway Whole on social media.